Steps to Fix HP Printer not Activated Error Code 20
If your HP printer is not properly configured on your computer, HP Printer not Activated Error Code 20 appears during print job. While printing anything, such an error code suddenly display on the computer. Well, in order to cope-up this error, first you have to be assured that the HP printer is setup correctly on your system, and also there should be no damaged or corrupt settings on your PC as these can be the reason for printer is not activated while printing. If you are non-tech person and don’t know how to bring your HP printer in working mode, then simply contact HP Support Phone Number to get immediate help from certified experts.
Causes of HP Printer not Activated Error Code 20
There may be various reasons due to which you encounter this printer not activated problem. Check-out the below noted points:
· The printer on you are working is not set as default one on your system
· Due to missing of printer driver
· Confliction in device manager
· Windows registry errors
These are the basic cause of occurrence this error code 20 when printing any document with HP printer. There are couple of solutions you need to try out to immediately annihilate the issue. Lets’ begin:
Desired Solutions to Fix HP Printer not Activated Error Code 20
Before starting with the troubleshooting guidelines, you have to ensure that your HP printer is working well. You can check it by printing a self-test page. Apart from this checking, you need to be also assured that the USB cable is appropriately connected from the printer to your computer. Once you have successfully completed these tasks, then you can now apply these methods to resolve the error quickly.
Method 1: Make Sure the HP Printer That You Are Using Is Set as Default
The printer error 20 can be appeared when you send the document to the wrong printer to print. So, make sure the printer you are working is set as default. To check it, go through the below points:
· First, click on “Start” button and then click “Printer and Faxes” option to open the Printers folder
· Look towards the Printers folder, and if the desired printer icon is missing, go ahead to the second provided method
· However if the desired icon is present, see if it has a check mark next to it which indicates that it is set as the default printer
· If the check mark is missing next to the desired printer icon, then give a right-click on the printer and click onto the “Set as Default Printer” option
· Once you have done this above process, right-click the printer icon and then click on “Print Test Page” to print a Windows self-test page
· If the page prints successfully, close all the windows and print hassle-freely with the application that you were using before
· However if Windows test-page doesn’t print, apply the next method listed below.
Method 2: Reinstall the USB Composite Device from Device Manager
To perform this task, go through the points listed below:
· First click on “Start” button and then open the Run dialog box
· Now, type “devmgmt.msc” into the Run window and then press “Enter” to open the Device Manager Window
· Now, click the plus sign (+) next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers
· Right-click on “USB Composite Device”, hit “Uninstall” and then tap “OK”
· After that, disconnect the USB cable from your Computer and connect it again
· Follow the on-screen prompted instructions in the Found New Hardware Wizard to install the right drivers
· Now, place a right click on the printer icon and then tap “Print a Test Page” to print a Windows self-test page and ensure the printer is working well
· If you get a printout, then close all windows and try printing without any hassle from the application you were previously been using
Method 3: Reinstall the HP Software
If the above steps are not effectual for you to eradicate the problem, then now you are required to uninstall and reinstall the HP software. It may help you out in recovery your corrupt HP printer.
Dial HP Support Phone Number If You Want One-Stop Remedy
Even after completing these above procedures one-by-one properly, still getting the same error code on PC while printing the document? If yes, then don’t feel blue! We are available 24/7 to assist you. You can also get help to resolve HP printer not activated error code 30. So, hurry up! Give us a call as soon as possible and take handy solution in an efficient way within your budget.
View Source: https://printerrepair.photo.blog/2019/11/23/fix-hp-printer-not-activated-error-code-20/