Steps to Fix HP DeskJet 2600 Wi-Fi Not Working
The HP DeskJet 2600 is an outstanding entry-level All-in-One printer. It allows you to print and scan without the annoyance of connecting the printer to your computer through a cord. You can do a regular task on your printer but sometimes you may come across the WiFi issue. So, here are the simple Steps to Fix HP DeskJet 2600 Wi-Fi Not Working. Go through these steps wisely. In order to get the support from our experts, contact Hewlett Packard Support. Experts will get connected with you and resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Easy fixes to get rid of this issue
Given below are the simple steps to overcome this blunder. You need to perform it accordingly.
1. TEST THE SIGNAL STRENGTH
· Is your printer being distant from your router? The location of the router and the printer in question is very perilous, and if not done properly, can lead to weak Wi-Fi signals. Keep in mind that obstructions like walls and even water bodies hinder signal strength.
· To test the signal quality, you can check the information panel of your printer. If it is showing a single bar, you may need to move it near to the router.
· After that, test the network to which the printer is attached. To do so, hit the Information (i) button on your printer to print out the required details like wireless network name & address, IP address, and the signal strength.
· You can also examine the signal strength in a specific area via apps like the WiFi Analyzer - Network Analyzer.
· This app shows all the Wi-Fi network associated information in your area along with the estimated signal strength.
· iPhone users can go for Wi-Fi SweetSpots. It is a simple app that allows you to check and record the signal quality in a specific area.
· To begin a speed test, simply click on the Start button, and that's all. The network strength will be shown neatly in a graph in real-time.
2. CHANGE THE ROUTER SETTINGS
· Check the router level settings. Have you blocked unofficial devices from using your home Wi-Fi network? If yes, you can note the printer's MAC address from the router settings by going to the router’s admin page.
· To do so, go to the router’s admin page, and open the Wireless section, go for Wireless MAC Filter and add the device in the Accept in the Mac Filter mode.
3. CHECK FOR WIRELESS DIRECT
· Nevertheless, Wi-Fi Direct is a simple handy module, it doesn’t allow you to print through Wi-Fi when enabled. Therefore, you must disable Wi-Fi Direct.
· To do that, hit and hold the Wireless button along with the Resume button together.
4. CONFIGURE YOUR PRINTER AGAIN
When you need to change your router password, the printer will unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network. At this point, it has to configure again as a new printer. To do that, perform the steps below.
1. Start the pairing process by hitting the Wi-Fi button and the Cancel button instantaneously for a while. When the Power button starts to blink, you will know that the printer is on set-up mode.
2. Next, open the HP Smart app on your Windows PC, and hit the Printer icon on the left panel.
Click on the “Set up a New Printer” option that will open up the discovery mode on the wireless network. Tap on the “Continue” option, choose the Wi-Fi Network and type the password when asked.
The left job is totally automatic as the tool starts its configuration process of getting and processing the printer information.
If any of the above methods don’t work for you, try to restart your computer. In the time being, you can access Wi-Fi Direct on your HP DeskJet 2600 to get your work done.
PRINTING WITH THE WI-FI DIRECT
· Wi-Fi Direct is a handy module that allows your PC or phone to connect wirelessly to your printer directly, without involving an existing Wi-Fi network.
· Again, the name & passcode of the network is usable by printing out an Information page. Otherwise, you can test the same in the HP Smart app on your phone.
· Go to the “Settings” option and choose the option “Network Information” and go down till you get Wi-Fi Direct. Jot down the passcode and username.
· After doing that, go to your Wi-Fi settings, search the said network and link to it just as you get to connect to any usual Wi-Fi network.
So, if you face any issue related to these steps or HP Wireless Printer Setup, contact HP Support. Talk with our experts and get the best support by them. To grab the opportunity, you can call anytime.