What to Do if HP Printer Says Driver is Unavailable?
At whatever time, you see “Printer Driver is unavailable” error message that means your installed driver is corrupt or damaged and your computer fails to recognize it. This issue is very common in the world of printing and it can be easily tackled down with some tweaks here and there. If you want to remove this error immediately, then we suggest you to visit hp.com/support from your browser. Here, you can also get the detailed information about your HP printer and supported driver.
If the computer is not able to recognize the driver or do some work with it, then you will not be able to access your printer and can’t print any document. However, with a few tricks or methods you can again use your printer and perform print jobs easily.
Take a look at the solutions to remove Printer says driver is unavailable error:
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Printer:
· Open control panel in your computer and go for Devices and printers.
· Simply Right-click on your damaged printer and choose remove device.
· Press Windows + R, and type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and then press Enter. Simply, right-click on your printer and choose Uninstall to completely uninstall it from your system.
· After this disconnect your printer from computer as well as from power source, shut down your computer, printer and router.
· Wait for around 10 minutes, and start all modules. Connect printer with your computer and wait for the detection and driver installation.
· Now, go back to the control panel and right click on the device to select “Set as default printer”.
· To check if the problem is resolved try printing a test page.
Updating Latest drivers:
· If the above stated solution doesn’t work, then try updating the drivers of printer.
· Simply press Windows + R to open Run and type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and hit enter to launch device manager.
· Look for Print queues and click on it to open its sub-menu
· Right-click on the printer that driver needs to be update and choose update driver.
· A dialogue box will open, which ask you to how you want to update your drivers. Choose the first one search automatically and proceed further.
· Now, the windows will automatically start downloading your compatible driver and will install it in your system after tacking your confirmation to install.
After trying above mentioned steps, you can easily eradicate printer says driver is unavailable issue completely. However, if you still face some issue, then we suggest you to get HP Printer Assistant and take assistance from experienced tech experts. They will surely give all possible solution to give you cent percent result at your door-step.